"The great thing in this world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
I handle all aspects of divorce, paternity/parentage and same-sex marriage/domestic partnership dissolution, including child custody and visitation, child and spousal support, asset division and business valuation. My practice is focused exclusively in the area of family law, and I have been named a Southern California Super Lawyer since 2016, and a "Rising Star" from 2009 – 2012 by Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters Company (www.superlawyers.com).
I served six terms as co-chair of the Multicultural Bar Alliance of Southern California, an affiliation of minority bar associations working to promote diversity in the legal profession and the community, and I am a past board member and co-president of the Lesbian & Gay Lawyers Association of Los Angeles.
I am an active member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association, Los Angeles Lesbian & Gay Lawyers Association, International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, Los Angeles Collaborative Family Law Association, and a past board member of the Beverly Hills Bar Association Barristers and the Entertainment Publicists Professional Society in New York and Los Angeles. I am admitted to practice law in both California and New York.
Prior to practicing law, I enjoyed a successful, 10-year career in entertainment, Internet and technology public relations and marketing in Los Angeles, San Francisco and New York. I earned my J.D. from Pepperdine University School of Law in Malibu, California, and my B.A. in English and American Literature from Brandeis University in Waltham, Massachusetts.
- Pepperdine University School of Law, Malibu, California, J.D.
- Brandeis University, Waltham, Massachusetts, B.A., English & American Literature
- California, 2002
- New York, 2004
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Multicultural Bar Alliance of Southern California, 2008-2012 Chairperson
- Lesbian & Gay Lawyers Association of Los Angeles, 2007-2008 President, 2006-2011 Board Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Los Angeles Collaborative Family Law Association
- 2018 Southern California Super Lawyer in Family Law
- 2017 Southern California Super Lawyer in Family Law
- 2016 Southern California Super Lawyer in Family Law
- 2012 Southern California Rising Star in Family Law
- 2011 Southern California Rising Star in Family Law
- 2010 Southern California Rising Star in Family Law
- 2009 Southern California Rising Star in Family Law
- Avvo Rating: 10/10
“Meticulous, professional legal knowledge and guidance, utmost patience, dogging persistency, upholding professionalism and ethics, consistent objective-minded detachment, and compassionate, sympathetic wise ears.”
- C.D. (client)
“I endorse this lawyer. I had the pleasure of litigating against Jeffrey in a very high conflict child custody case. Jeffrey was professional, effective, diligent, and well humored despite our clients' heavily litigated disagreements.”
- C.B. (attorney)
“I endorse this lawyer. Mr. Bollinger is top-notch. He's knowledgeable, professional, and a zealous advocate. I highly recommend. “
- R.B. (attorney)
“I endorse this lawyer. I have had only one case with Mr. Bollinger, but it went smoothly and I believe the parties were spared unnecessary legal fees. While the matter was a bit protracted, we avoided court and spared the parties the trauma that accompanies litigation. For the sake of the parties’ child, I’m glad that Mr. Bollinger was selected by opposing party. The parties were able to conclude their matter with dignity, at low cost, and without destroying their child or the relationship that will forever bind them together as mother and father.”